Okay so everyone’s seen blogs with top 10 posts on them…I’m jumping in on the bandwagon! Here goes…
(in no particular order)
1. EVERNOTE – The BEST note taking on the go, syncs online AND with my PC & Mac app ever! If you don’t have an iPhone, there are other platforms that you can use – Windows Mobile, Android, Blackberry, online, PC, Mac! Have I said I LOVE this app? I purchased the Premium subscription ($5/month or $45/year) so I can sync the iPhone app and view my notes offline. Besides the fact that it keeps my notes in one place, I love that it works well with other apps and programs. For instance I’ve got a Firefox plugin that allows me to right-click on a webpage and add it to Evernote. Which then allows me to save things for reading later or even to print later! Using the Mac desktop app I drag and drop PDF files for reading later…which includes PDF ebooks! The use of tags and saved searches allow me to find things quickly within the various “Notebooks” in my Evernote account! The app itself is FREE but as far as features, there’s a free version as well as the Premium version…try it out, see if you like it. Personally, the amount I use it justified the subscription to the premium version!
2. BYLINE – If you’re a blog reader and use Google Reader to view all your subscriptions in one place, this app is for you! There’s a Free version as well as a Paid ($4.99) version that is ad free. What I love about this app is that you swipe left-right to view the next article. You can star an article and it automatically syncs with your online Google Reader. Going on a plane trip and want to read your favorite blogs with no internet connection…EASY with Byline. Sync your articles before turning off your data connection and you’re good to go!
3. POCKET INFORMANT – Available for ALL the major mobile operating systems, this app has replaced the standard iPhone calendar! I’ve been using PI since my very first Windows Mobile phone, the Palm Treo. This app allows you to swipe left-right to jump forward a month and has several different calendar views. Also included is a Task management section based on your favorite way of getting things done…GTD, Franklin Covey priorities. I don’t use this part of the app since I have a to do specific app that rocks! If you use Google Calendar, this app syncs directly to it over the air…meaning you don’t have to plug your iPhone into your computer to sync! I’ve got it syncing to G-cal which then syncs to iCal on my Mac, Ryan’s G-cal account also shares some of the calendars so when he updates his calendar, it automatically gets put into Pocket Informant for me!
4. Appigo ToDo – It’s exactly what it says it is…a To Do task management app! I’ve got my app setup to sync with Toodledo which is an online task management system. ToDo follows the Getting Things Done principle by David Allen.
5. Total Baby – I’ve been using this app since my little man was born in September. For a new mom or even a mom of 3 like me, this app is awesome! Keep track of feedings, dirty diapers, naps, baths, and more! It’s got a diary feature that allows you to upload photos to the app to show how your baby has changed. There is also a section for Milestones like 1st smile, sitting up, etc. Right now my favorite section is the growth charts. Bubs hasn’t been gaining a whole lot of weight and this lets me visually see where he’s at compared to the CDC datasets. Another favorite section is the doctor visit section. This allows me to keep track of all his immunization shots as well as when his next appointment is with a section for notes about what questions I may have or something the doctor may say or recommend for him.
6. Starbucks Card – I am a Starbucks junkie who tends to forget where I put my Starbucks Gold card! LOL! This app allows me to track the balances on all my Starbucks cards as well as reload them straight from the app. If you live in the Seattle area or near a Target, the Touch to Pay feature comes in handy when you don’t want to dig your wallet out of your purse or if you just plain forget it like me! Touch the button, show your phone to the barista so they can scan it and you’re good to go!
7. Camera Bag – Give your iPhone camera a boost! This app features 13 different filters that gives your photo a cool/different look. You can use photos that are already in your camera roll or take a new one!
8. Hipstamatic – Another favorite photography app. This one has different lenses, filters, AND flashes to change your photo. You can also purchase new packs to give you even more tools to play around with. You can then save your photos in stacks or even use the same lens/flash/filter combo just by taping a few times! The only downfall is that you can’t use photos already in your camera roll, you HAVE TO take a photo with the app.
9. Coupons.com – I am a coupon shopping mom! This app lets my print coupons directly to my HP printer as well as save ecoupons to my club/savings cards!
10. Sound Touch – This one’s for the moms and dads out there looking for an educational way to entertain a baby! There’s 2 versions, Lite (free) that includes 144 sounds and images and a paid ($1.99) version that has 288 sounds and images with multiple images for each item! I just downloaded the lite version for my 11 month old and he loved it so much I bought the paid version!
I hope you enjoyed today’s top ten and found an app or two to add to your collection! Have a wonderful wednesday!