I’m NOT gonna make any excuses for my lack of blog posts. Really, I’m not! I don’t have any that would justify the fact that my last post was over a MONTH ago!
I’ll be honest, I have been going through a bit of a rough patch in my life lately. Raising a teenage daughter is so NOT easy! Add an 18 month old little guy, college classes, and a lack of inspiration, motivation, and creativity…THAT is what I’ve been dealing with the past month and a half or so! Ugh, it’s time for CHANGE!
Remember in January I posted about my goals, well I thought I’d give ya an update and hold myself accountable for my actions or lack thereof! So, here goes:
- Blog on a regular basis…MAJOR fail! Seriously people, how the heck do you bloggers do it???
- Enrich my life using the One Little Word concept shared by Ali Edwards…Truth be told, this past week I’ve been embracing love and life to its fullest since I started this project.
- Start an Art Journal…Yes, I started…quite a few pages too! Nope, I haven’t been keeping up with it. I’ve been in a major creative SLUMP lately! BUT, I am now the proud owner/user of Rhonna Farrer’s Creativity Exercises Workshop so hopefully that will inspire me to art journal more! I’ll post an update in a few weeks…hopefully!
- Wall Art…started! Although my HUGE, EMPTY wall in my living room is still empty! I did however, put a few pieces of vinyl word art up around the house!
- Capture my life…oh this, this is what I’ve been continuously working on! Especially since I use my iPhone4 most of the time, instead of lugging out the ginormous dSLR! The sad thing is, the thing that has been motivating me the most is the Photoshop class I’m taking for college. Ha! My final project is due exactly a week from today and I’ve got just about all 24 images edited. Now to put them together in a digital mini album with all the required elements so I ace my final, that’s something else!
- Stop spending $$$ on digital scrapbook/art supplies and start creating my own…This is something I’ve yet to start, although I haven’t really spent any $$$ on digital supplies. BUT, I am now the PROUD owner of a Wacom Intuos tablet! I’ve been using it a lot today (before writing this post) while I was working on homework for my PS class! I have to say, it takes some getting used to, but I LOVE IT! Oh the possibilities! Thinking I’m gonna need to upgrade to a bigger tablet though!
- Save massive moola by extreme couponing…I haven’t done very much extreme couponing lately! Probably because we’ve been using our modest stockpile…SO, I haven’t had to shop much lately! That being said, our modest stockpile is getting low so I guess I’d better get my shop on!
- Unplug and enjoy! Here’s another FAIL! It’s so dang hard to unplug! We live in a world full of instant access, super fast updates and twitter feeds. Heck, my 18month old has inherited an iPod touch from his daddy! I definitely need to work on this!
- Organize my life…I’m sure you saw my post with images of the planner I made here. Well, I use it…not everyday since it’s kinda big! BUT, I do have all of our schedules, appointments, and all that other fun stuff in there. I had fun creating the planner but really, probably not the best thing for me. It’s big and bulky and takes up tons of space in my purse so I use my iPhone more! I just downloaded the HomeRoutines app and am loving that for organizing my every day chores and such. I use the Calvetica calendar app as my main calendar because I love the simplicity and the fact that it gets all FOUR calendars from my Google calendar. Then I’ve got ToDo by Appigo for my todo list which also houses my homework assignments AND Scrapbooker for keeping track of my craft supplies. My desks are STILL messy! I swear, every time I get into cleaning and organizing it I get sidetracked by my lovely 27″ iMac and the internet. Then I start working on a project I see and poof, there goes the clean!
- Take a creative class…or two! I haven’t taken any local classes, YET! However, I did finish up Mouse Paper Scissors a few weeks ago. The class was taught by the fabulous Heidi Swapp from House of 3 and Jessica Sprague from JessicaSprague.com Such a fun class with GREAT projects! I’m also doing an Illustrator class by Laura Coyle at ReneePearson.com It’s a class you do at your own pace so I’ve still got a little more to finish up! BUT, I’m “shopping” for an Illustrator class so if you know of any, please let me know!
Well, that’s my resolutions/goals update! How about you? How are YOU coming along with the goals and resolutions you set for yourself?
I’m off to finish my homework! Have a GREAT Sunday!