Summer is almost here, can you believe it? In a little over a week Kid will be out of school for just about THREE whole months! YIKES! Originally we had planned to go home for the summer…home as in Kauai! But, since that is no longer happen because of a few kinks, I’ve been trying to think of things to do while we are “stuck here”.
Somewhere along my internet adventures I found a few sites listing summer bucket lists and thought, wow…wouldn’t that be fun! So here it is, my 2011 Summer Bucket List. Now, before i get into the list I’d like to put it out there that this is NOT the be all, end all, do all list. It’s just a list of things I’d like to do this summer, whether it be something I do for myself or with my family!
So here goes…
- Head out to the Portland Zoo for a family picnic and visit with the aminals (yes, I spelled it aminals)!
- Visit an art museum
- Spend an hour or two, or three at Powell’s City of Books…the flagship store!
- Go on a date with Ryan to Via Delizia, again!
- Visit the Oregon coast – we moved to Oregon over a year ago and still haven’t made it out there!
- Go to a u-pick fruit farm
- Attend outdoor concerts
- Get started on the Couch to 5k program – YIKES!
- Read at least a book a week AND keep a reading log/diary.
- Go fishing – especially since Ry just got the family a fishing license
- Work on my 100 Creativity Exercises by Rhonna Farrer
- Go for walks
- Head out to Saturday Market…AT LEAST once!
- Watch a movie in a park
- Visit a cupcake bakery
- Start something like Project Life to help document my Summer Bucket List
…more to come as I think of them!